At the end of Lower 6th year students are invited to apply for the posts of Head Girl, Deputy Head Girl or Prefect. Prefects give the lead in promoting a sense of responsibility and commitment to the school. They are assigned a variety of tasks which contribute to the smooth running of systems in the school.
They assist on corridors:
- in building up good relations among the pupils
- in in initiating pupil events and school anniversaries
- in representing the school at public and school events
- in the movement of classes
- lunchtime supervision
- attending Open Days and evening functions – social, pastoral or religious as required.
- encouraging respect in pupils for school Property and the property of others
- monitoring behaviour on buses.
- They are responsible for reporting any issues of concern to the Class Tutor/Year Head.
- Prefects meet on a regular basis with the Sixth Form Head and Pastoral Vice Principal