The Examinations’ Department consists of Mr C. Devlin (Examinations Officer) and Dr C. McLaughlin (Assistant Examinations Officer) as well as administrative and clerical support. The information on the school’s website provides candidates and parents/guardians with a guide through the examination process for the forthcoming academic year.
This information should allow candidates and parents/guardians to make informed choices and understand the examination process better and provides an important reference point throughout the course of the year to ensure that candidates and their parents/guardians:
• are guided in their decisions relating to examination entries and repeat examination entries
• are knowledgeable about controlled assessments and coursework
• understand the processes regarding access arrangements and reasonable adjustments;
• understand the processes regarding special consideration
• undertake examinations knowing what is expected of them in terms of examination processes, preparation and behaviour
• understand the processes regarding Enquires About Results (EARs) and Access to Scripts (ATS)
• are aware of examination deadlines relating to examination entries, enquiries about results and access to scripts, and dates for issuing of results
• understand fully their obligations and responsibilities with relation to examinations
• are aware of GCE examinations offered through collaborative arrangements with other schools
• are aware of GCSE, GCE and BTEC examinations on offer at the school through a range of Examination Boards
• Examination reforms
While every effort is made to ensure that the information and advice offered on the school’s website is correct, given the complexities of the examination function, candidates and parents/guardians are advised to check specific details with the relevant examination bodies’ websites below and with the school’s examinations officer Mr C. Devlin.